Rider Ando frothin' with style during his sunset surf sesh.
My role: user interface, UX design, interaction design, prototyping and animation
My responsibilities: to redesign the Surfline mobile app to allow the user to quickly see the basic conditions of their top 5 spots while having the Premium account
• Determine where the menu lives
• Sketch overall user flow of a simple task being performed
• Develop an empathy map
• Sketch wireframes on paper then create mockups in Sketch
• Add interactions and animations for triggers in Pixate
• Build a prototype and record a demo video
Project Goals: to develop a interactive prototype that shows a user performing basic functions like switching between Celsius or Fahrenheit, adding or deleting surf spots, and seeing more details in depth.
• Determining how many tasks and screens can be shown to give a preview of the concept
• Maintaining ease of usability for tasks performed
• Organizing relevant weather information in future time
• Understanding how the Premium feature changes with camera access
• Knowing if surf slang is universal when it comes to wave height